Beach N' Bay report - this weekend
- EPISODE 114 -
Over the past 13 years of selling new and used boats here at St Kilda Marina to literally '000's of buyers, we've discovered a pretty significant fact and it's alot like the holy grail for us.
You see the vast majority of boat buyers are trying to solve one specific problem with their boat buying purchase. Now we've got you thinking?
We don't sell boats here - we actually reconnect people, so it’s not about the boat.
Let us float these scenarios with you:
1. We get dads off the smartphone for just long enough, to teach the kids to fish and water-ski, just like they did when they were kids.
2. We get Mums included by actually participating with the entire family, doing healthy activities together. Not to just be on the sidelines as; soccer, netball and footy mums do as the team manager, scorer or just cutting oranges. We are talking actual participation with their partners and the kids as an equal.
3. We get the kids off the computer and Playstation and into the outdoors. To breathe fresh air and to participate equally in family activity, where they will learn really good life skills such as; responsibility, planning and safety.
4. And let's not kid ourselves, we know we get the blokes together (and the ladies too) to catch the big one, that last time got away. And to talk to their mates about blokes stuff, which we've learnt is good for men’s health.
Gives you goose bumps? So do something about it.
Here is 'The Boat Guy' in action doing his stuff on TV. The show is 'All About Boats' as seen on Foxtel and to be replayed later in the year on ch7. Watch Darren's Top 10 reasons to buy a boat
This weekend's Beach N' Bay Report is proudly presented by St Kilda Boat Sales and our very own 'The Boat Guy' Darren Finkelstein for the waters of Port Phillip for the weekend of 29-30 August 2015.
Watch this weekend's Beach N' Bay Report to hear what's on and where to go boating on Port Phillip this weekend.
Reminder to listen to Darren as he broadcasts <live> his weekly Beach N' Bay reports on radio 3AW, three times each Saturday and Sunday from December to March each year.
Enjoy our weekly boating forecast, we'll catch you this time next week.
Safe Boating Always
Over N' Out
Darren and Andrew
Receive our weekly beach n' bay report directly to your inbox each Thursday.
Click to subscribe >>
OFFICIAL WEATHER REPORT
All weather information given by The Boat-Guy has been sourced directly from Bureau of Meteorology with good intentions, so blame them if it's wrong. Seriously, weather and boating forecasts do change and sometimes without notice. Always check the current forecast in full, before you go!
Current 4-day Boating Forecast >>
Listen to Darren <live> on radio 3AW this summer, as he brings you his unique Beach N' Bay reports.
SPREAD THE LOVE
Watch and share with your boating buddies, your kids, family and your crew. Our objective is to share boating knowledge of Port Phillip and to educate boaties on safe passage and fun activities.
VIEW OUR WEBCAM
View the conditions <LIVE> - Check the conditions, before you GO! Located high on top of the lighthouse at St Kilda Marina for uninterupted views of the top end of Port Phillip.
View Now >>
BOATS FOR SALE
View all of our listings >>
BOAT OF THE WEEK
2005 Sea Ray 315 Sportscruiser @ $79,900 >>
What's the tide doing?
Click here if you want the Tide Times for St Kilda. Simply select the day & date.
Our <live> data feeds are from the Bureau of Meterology so they are accurate.
Below is a selection of weather data and boating forecasts, direclty from the Bureau of Meteloology;
Port Phillip & Western Port Bays Boating forecast
Melbourne: City & Suburbs forecast - 4 day
Tide Times Victoria
Victorian Weather Radar – 128km
Victorian Weather Radar – 256km
Mt Buller: Snow Forecast & Predictions
Melbourne's Wild Weather - Our special report
Melbourne's WILD weather. High wides and a tidal surge on 24th June 2014 makes things really hairy down here.... Watch our videos and read our report
Our fishing reports are proudly brought to you by the industry experts.
FishNet - Weekly Report for all regions incl: Victoria & NSW
FNQ - Weekly status report on game fishing activity around Cairns region
Fish Victoria - Victoria's No 1 fishing website and forum
Compleat Angler - For all your fishnig tackle & equipment and expert advice.
We love the season opener. Here's a ripper Snapper - location a secret.
Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre
Areas of Responsibility
NOAA's two Tsuami Warning Centers (PTWC and WC/ATWC) have separate areas of responsibility, which are the geographical areas within which each Center has the responsibility for the dissemination of messages and the provision of interpretive information to emergency managers and other officials, news media, and the public. These are shown on the map below.
Pacific - International
As the primarly operational headquarters for the Pacific Tsunami Warning System, PTWC provides warnings for Pacific basin teletsunamis (tsunamis that can cause damage far away from their source) to almost every country around the Pacific rim and to most of the Pacific island states. This function is carried out under the auspices of the UNESCO/IOC International Coordination Group for the Pacific Tsunami Warning System. A few destructive teletsunamis are generated each century by great earthquakes around the Pacific rim. Such tsunamis can propagate across the entire Pacific in less than 24 hours, and cause widespread destruction along shorelines located thousands of miles from the source. With ever-increasing population and development along most coastlines, there is a corresponding increase in risk. The last destructive teletsunami occurred in 1964 following the great Alaska earthquake.
LISTEN TO RADIO 3AW
<Live Reports> from October to March
Weekends: 6.45a, 7.45a 9.45a
Weekdays: 6.55a, 7.55a, 2.25p
Father's Day SOON...
101 PLACES TO GO
IN YOUR BOAT!
* 101 Victorian destinations explained
* 930 pages - history, background & pics
* Best coffee, restaurants & supermarkets
* Nearest fuel docks, boat ramps & marina's
* Port Phillip, Melbourne CBD & Rivers
* Western Port & Gippsland Lakes
* Bellarine & Mornington Peninsula
* West Coast & Wilsons Prom.
* Inland Waterways, Lakes & Rivers
* Interviews with boaties who share secrets!
ADVICE FOR BUYING
THE RIGHT BOAT!
AWARD WINNING - BESTSELLER
* The only 'How to' book in Australia
* Expert tips from an industry insider
* 35yrs of boating experience to share
* Advice on buying used and new
* Pre-Purchase Inspections
* Making An Offer, Clear Title
* Negotiate the right deal for the right boat
* Ideal for both buyers and sellers
* 360 pages with colour photos
* Engines, Storage, Maintenance & Costs
* Safety & Weather, Trailers & Berths
* Advice + Tips will SAVE you $'000s
- Boating industry award winner
- iTunes No 5 Top Charts